Friday, September 30, 2005

The Happy Birthday Man

This has been a relatively busy week. I can hardly believe it is Friday again! Last weekend was a whirlwind for me. I had a surprise birthday-day to plan out for Daniel's 30th! It was so much fun! He was completely surprised when we (our friend Josh, me, and the Sweetpea) took him skydiving in Molalla. He was completely surprised when his good friend Clinton (whom he only sees occasionally) met up with us. And he was completely surprised when he arrived at the home where we had a huge surprise luau party waiting for him! The party was loads of fun...he had a blast skydiving...I couldn't have had it any better. As much as I'd like to claim credit, I have to say that I'm thankful that he chose not to ask questions as I was planning (he could have if he wanted). He and I are similar in that we don't like to spoil "surprises". As you can see, I think he rather enjoyed his surprises (even wearing the really dorky "30" hat). It is so fun to make him smile that big. As I think about that day, I am so happy to see how much he is appreciated and loved. So many people helped make the party happen, and so many came to celebrate with us. I love my hubby tremendously, and it makes my heart joyful when other appreciate the many things about him that I do.

No comments: